Welcome all book lovers

A blog for those who love books and all things in print, oh and the Minnesota Vikings too.




Powered By Blogger

Monday, February 25, 2008

Thing 7--Web 2 communication tools

I am one of the e-mail generation. I have used a hotmail account for many years now and now because of 23 three things on a stick I have a gmail and yahoo account also! I probably will stick with using mainly the hotmail account. It gets to be just too much information, passwords to remember etc. I belong to several list serves and my e-mail gets getting cluttered with a lot of interesting e-mails about revelent topics but I am finding I just don't have time to read them all.

I do enjoy IM once in a while on my personal computer but I don't think I would like it as much if I had to use it while working on desk. As it is, it can be complicated trying to juggle the phone and patrons at the desk, throw in IM and it really could get interesting.

I have a cell phone and I have no idea how to text message. I plan on keeping it that way for awhile. But I could see how all of these forms of communication could appeal to those who are younger or really computer savvy. I bet a lot of our patrons would love to contact us by any or all of these methods.

No comments: