Welcome all book lovers

A blog for those who love books and all things in print, oh and the Minnesota Vikings too.




Powered By Blogger

Thursday, February 7, 2008

Thing 3--RSS Feeds

I have just spent the last hour or so playing around with RSS feeds and I think it is a useful tool. If a patron did not have an internet connection at home and was using the libraries internet it could really cut down on the time he spent searching individual sites and could help him manage his internet time more wisely. On the other hand I am so used to going to individual sites that I am not sure how much I will use my RSS feed account.

On a side note, all of these passwords and e-mails I am using in different places are all starting to swirl around my head. I now have 3 different e-mail accounts and 3 times as many passwords. I really have to think about where I am before I enter my info!

1 comment:

Jonya said...

Exactly! Suggesting to your patrons that they set up an RSS account is going to save them time. And I agree about the passwords and various accounts. Gets a bit confusing.