Welcome all book lovers

A blog for those who love books and all things in print, oh and the Minnesota Vikings too.




Powered By Blogger

Monday, March 17, 2008

Thing 14--LibraryThing

I just created an account on LibraryThing and added my five books. I currently have an account with Goodreads.com which is similiar. I really like Good Reads and find that it is kind of like a myspace for people who read. It doesn't have the cataloging component that LibraryThing has but I mainly use it to keep track of what I read with a short review and a list of what I want to read in the future. I could see how libraries would like to use Librarything. It displayed quite nicely on my blog and I believe it would create interest in the titles which were listed. I don't think it would replace paper bookmarks but it would be a nice feature.

No comments: