Welcome all book lovers

A blog for those who love books and all things in print, oh and the Minnesota Vikings too.




Powered By Blogger

Friday, March 14, 2008

Thing 12--Social Media Sites

I just spent some time looking through Digg, Reddit, Newsville etc. These sites can be really addicting. I like news sites anyway, I go to MSNBC many times a day, and these sites can be just as informative. Because people are promoting what they like I am seeing stories that I wouldn't probably notice on other news sites. The no editors rule makes it feel like the wild west of the internet to me. Most of the other groups I belong to have moderators and it is surprising the number of times they have to step in and settle down the participants from getting to personal, carried away with language etc. I am sure the conversations on these sites get very interesting to say the least.

No comments: